Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Nintendo Needs You
DS VERSES PSP PART 6

One day left until the PSP is released, if you're still planning to get one, now is the time to think it through and decide. Should you stay loyal to Niintendo, or purchase the seemingly more attractive Sony console? Now is the time to remember what each has done for you, and will do for you in the future.

Remember back to the days of the Game and Watch. I'm sure everyone has at least ONE game and Watch system. I have Egg Egg Egg, a game where the objective is to catch the falling eggs with a hat. Very simple, the console only had 4 buttons to control the direction of the hat. That thing gave me hours of fun. I used to play it over and over, attempting to obtain a higher score. That Game and watch is worth about $300 on eBay today, look it up if you don't believe me, though I will be keeping it for a collection.

Remember the days of the NES and SNES. Many gamers (like me) had a UFO or Game Doctor, SNES emulators which allowed you to download and play SNES games through floppy disks. Zelda: Link to the Past, Bomberman 1-5, Street Fighter SNES, Mario All Stars and Super Famicom Wars (later known as Advance Wars) were some of my favourite titles. I used to play on my SNES every day after school. SNES was awesome. It had great graphics for its time, and tonnes of games, and more could be downloaded off the net.

The point I'm trying to make is this. Nintendo have provided each and every one of us with enjoyment in the past, with every console they release. Whether it be the SNES, N64, GBA... heck, even the Virtual boy. Do you guys seroiously think it is appropriate to "dump" Nintendo just because Sony brings out a better marketed console?

I grew up with Nintendo. I've owned their systems and played their games my whole life. I love my Gamecube, often play my DS, am eagerly anticipating the GB Micro, and can't wait for the full unveiling of the Revolution. Nintendo is the only gaming company that cares about its gamers. They are the only company that will refund a whole DS if you find a single dead pixel. They are the only company who's president is a gamer at heart. I hate Sony for stealing Nintendo's ideas, for taking over Nintendo's market, for giving Nintendo a kiddie image. I hate Sony supporters, but I hate Sony supporters who were former Nintendo fans even more. People should realise that Nintendo always releases quality consoles, innovative ideas, and "kick az" game titles. They need to have more trust in Big N, not spring to another company once Nintendo seem to have "lost their edge". People like that do not deserve to be N-gamers (actually, they deserve to be shot :P). A true Nintendo fan should stick with Nintendo all the way, they should always purchase their consoles and enjoy their games, if Nintendo seems kiddie or not, it doesn't matter. You know the kind of gamer I am talking about.

They call us fanboys. People who are "in love with their games", who will "never grow up". And yet it is the fanboys who are the most important to Nintendo. Nintendo has the most loyal fans, gamers who will stick with Nintendo "to the end" (lol). And because of this Nintendo will always be around. They cannot be kicked off the market like Sega, they cannot be beaten by Microsoft OR Sony. Fanboys, this is the reason how Nintendo, being the smallest and poorest company out of the three, still manages to SELL MORE THAN SONY AND MICROSOFT COMBINED.

Seriousgamer007 was right about one thing, Nintendo is nothing without its fans. Look at MS and Sony gamers. So many PS2 owners are going to buy an Xbox 360, and many Xbox owners are getting a PS3. These so called "fans" are worthless (sorry). They will betray their company in a second.

So think about it. What do you treasure more? A company you grew up with, or an attractive looking PSP catalogue? Remember that you (and many others) make up Nintendo. Ninty needs you, and you need Ninty.







PS: Heh heh, sorry for sounding like a serious gamer 007, please note that the above post is intended for the Nintendo fan (boys?) who visit my blog. Thanks.

No comments: