Saturday, October 15, 2005

Japanese Gamers On Revolution
Source: Revolution Report

Famitsu has recently released results from a poll taken in late September, where 2000 Japanese gamers where surveyed on their opinions of the next generation consoles. Here are the results of their views on the Revolution.

Are you interested in acquiring the Revolution?
- Yes I will: 36%
- Absolutely not: 10.4%
- Not for the moment: 40.6%
- I don’t care: 13%

Reasons to buy Revolution
- 80%: I like its download plans
- 42%: I like the Nintendo Wi-Fi feature
- 41.7%: I like the controller’s features
- 40.9%: I like its features
- 37.1%: I like the controller’s design
- 33.2%: I like its design
- 20.6%: etc (I think they meant other)

Reasons to NOT buy Revolution
- 53.4%: from the beginning I did not want to buy one
- 32.4%: no games have been shown yet
- 24%: I don’t like the controller’s design
- 22.5%: I don’t care about its features
- 16.2%: I don’t see what it is going to bring
- 14.2%: the price is unknown yet
- 12.7%: I don’t like its design
- 12.3%: I don’t like the controller’s features
- 11.8%: the date of the launch is still unknown
- 9.3%: I don’t care about its download service
- 5.4%: I don’t care about its Nintendo Wi-Fi service
- 17.2%: etc (other)

'Wait and see'
- 72%: I don’t fully understand its features
- 60.6%: I would like to know its price first.
- 34.3%: I don’t fully understand its download service
- 22.7%: I will try the controller to make my mind
- 21.9%: I don’t fully understand its Nintendo Wi-Fi service
- 21.8%: I don’t think the console’s final design has been revealed yet
- 17.3%: I would like the know when the console will be launched

Opinions on Controller
- 45.6%: it looks very amazing
- 29.7%: it looks very uneasy to use
- 25.1%: I like its design
- 24.2%: I prefer standard controllers
- 19.1%: I like its color variations
- 16.5%: it looks very easy to use
- 16.4%: I don’t fully understand it yet
- 12.7%: I hate its design
- 9.3%: I don’t care about it
- 3.5%: I don’t like its color variations

It seems that over 80% of gamers are attracted by the Revolution's downloading capabilities. 53% didn't want to buy a Revolution from the beginning (the poll should allow more open views, a question like this would really limit the fanboys). 72% are undecided as they do not fully understand the consoles features (read some reviews!). And 45% thought the controller was amazing (again, this answer would be dominated by fanboys, sorry to say but it is true. This survey needs more selections :P).

No comments: