Thursday, October 13, 2005

New Info on Mario Kart

Thanks to Rawmeatcowboy's post on nintendonow.blogspot.com, there is confirmation that there indeed WILL be at least one Rainbow Road track available for Mario Kart DS. I don't know about everyone else, but Rainbow Road is by far my favourite track in any Mario Kart game.



There isn't much detail being shown, but I am fairly certain the screenshot had been taken from the Mario Kart 64 version of Rainbow Road (the stars on the edge give it away).

Hehe, I can't stop myself from saying this, but I dare ANYONE to try and break my Rainbow road record on Mario Kart Super Circuit, the GBA version. To give you an idea of how fast my record is, check this out:
http://www.mario-kart.net/downloads/mksc/movies/rainbowroad.mpeg
No, this isn't me racing. my record is 36.28, about half a second slower than the movie (also using Toad). But if you manage to beat it... I bow to you (lol).

Some information regarding MKDS's Wi-Fi and multiplayer has been announced. With Wi-Fi, players can choose from five categories of opponents, depending on your skill level. Online play can support up to 4 players at once. Tracks are voted, and a tie in voting causes a random stage to be chosen.

There is a single pak mode. Though you'd have to use Shyguy, up to 8 players is supported at once, and 8 tracks are available to race from. It is set to 100cc.

The game will also feature battle modes, and different karts to choose from for each character, similar to the Double Dash version. Man, I am absolutely DYING to play this game. Maybe I could have the chance to verse one of you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know in wifi play, we can select the same character. toad vs.toad!

CK said...

Yess, he is the only character I can use... :D

Anonymous said...

This is a new Rainbow Road I think. N64 version didn't have that kind of loopings... no other Rainbow Roads had that.

CK said...

Hmm, good point, the track's path resembles the colour used in rainbow road MKDD :P